(serves 6 to 8)
- 1 Medium Watermelon
- 2 Jalapeno Chile Peppers (or Serrano if you want more heat)
- 4 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- Touch of Sea Salt
- Cut melon into quarters
- Take one quarter and cut melon into ¼ to ½ ” dice and set aside
- Take remaining 3 quarters and cut into large junks
- Place large melon junks into blender or food processor with lime juice and salt.
- Process until smooth puree
- Remove stems, ribs and seed from jalapeno chiles
- Take one chile and cut into fine dice. Set aside for garnish
- Cut remaining chiles into large junks, then add to pureed melon. Pulse several times until chile segments are pureed.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, place large spoonful of diced melon into bottom of martini glass or parfait glass. Spoon ½ to 2/3 cup of melon soup over diced melon.
- Garnish with finely diced chiles and serve