BLT Breakfast Salad (Serves 2)
- 1 bag mixed greens or Romaine hearts
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 6 pieces of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs, soft boiled
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbs dijon mustard
- Juice of 1 lemon
- In a large bowl combine your greens, onlon, tomato, sunflower seeds and chopped up crispy bacon.
- Place all of your salad dressing ingredients together in a mason jar or small bowl..
- Whisk or shake until the dressing has completely come together. Pour the dressing over your salad and work it into the leaves. Use your hands if necessary. Set the salad aside.
- Soft boil your eggs, usually 5 to 6 minutes, peel & slice in half lengthwise.
PLEASE NOTE: At the Inn we poach the eggs instead of boil because it is easier for large number of servings & we serve the poached egg whole.
5. Add avocado slices & serve immediately
If you choose to poach your eggs:
Fill a pan half full with water, add pinch of salt and bring to gentle simmer.
Crack one of your eggs into a cup and gently pour it into the water in one fluid movement. Repeat with the rest of the eggs. You’ll see them begin to cook immediately – don’t worry if the edges look a little scruffy. Depending on your pan, a really soft poached egg should take around 2 minutes and a soft to firm one will need 4 minutes. Gently remove eggs from water with slotted spoon & place on salad.
Recipe adapted from So… Let’s Hang Out.