Some people may be hesitant to stay in a B&B, but it really can be a remarkable experience. Once you’ve tried it, you might find yourself wondering if you could ever go back to a hotel stay! A bed and breakfast in Santa Fe specializes in making every guest feel welcome with daily breakfast, free WiFi, an afternoon snack featuring baked goods, coffee, and tea throughout the day. This isn’t your grandma’s B&B. We dispel some of the most common myths about staying at a bed & breakfast.
Bed and breakfasts have come a long way since their inception in the 18th century. Once merely simple, cost-affordable options for weary travelers, modern B&Bs redefine hospitality with luxurious accommodations and valuable amenities that bring all of the creature comforts of home. At the Inn on the Paseo, guests find all of this and so much more.
We are very excited to finally reveal our recently renovated deluxe two-room suite – the Bandelier Suite! This suite was remodeled from top to bottom and now includes a sitting area with flat screen TV and queen pullout sleeper. This room can accommodate up to four people and is great for travelers looking for extra space. Take a peek below…
- 1 cup pecans toasted in dry skillet until fragrant
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup stone ground cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs separated
- 1 /2 cups milk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup bourbon or whiskey
- 1 ½ cups peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons candied ginger finely chopped or grated
- 1 cup peach slices (fresh or frozen
- In medium saucepan combine peach preserves, candied ginger & bourbon over medium heat. Mix well and simmer until warm, 5 – 6 minutes.
- Add peaches to mix and continue cooking until warmed. Set aside
Prepare Waffle Batter:
- Place ¾ cup of pecans in food processer. Process until very fine (like coarse cornmeal)
- Add flour, cornmeal, baking powder, sugar & salt and continue processing until well mixed
- Transfer to large bowl and whisk in egg yolks one at a time
- Add milk and melted butter & whisk together
- In separate bowl beat egg whites until stiff peaks but still glossy
- Fold egg whites into batter
- Heat waffle iron and cook waffles per manufacturer’s directions until crispy on outside.
- Serve immediately with melted butter & bourbon peach compote
Once you’ve set out on your long-awaited southwestern vacation to Santa Fe, chances are you’ll quickly become weary of the cookie cutter, one-size-fits-all accommodations you might find along the way, not to mention paper-thin linens and impersonal treatment. To experience all the true luxuries and amenities of home, a bed and breakfast in Santa Fe NM can be exactly what you’ve been looking for! The accommodations are truly different and they make every stay feel like you’re at your newly discovered home away from home.
When thinking about booking a room at a Santa Fe bed and breakfast, you might be influenced by the common misconceptions about bed and breakfasts in general. Inns and B&Bs are often more comfortable, warmer spaces than the typical hotel or motel. Continue reading
If you live in Santa Fe, you know how beautiful it is year round. Rather than take a vacation to another part of the country, why not stay where you’re at and explore the city you live in further? Chances are, you haven’t seen everything your hometown has to offer and you probably haven’t checked out our bed and breakfast in Santa Fe. Continue reading
(Recipe makes 8 servings) Continue reading
Come experience Acoustic Eidolon at Inn on the Paseo on January 15th!
Where: Inn on the Paseo, 630 Paseo de Peralta, Santa Fe, NM
When: 7pm-9pm (Doors open at 6pm)
Tickets: $15 per person for the outside public (free for Inn on the Paseo guests)
Tickets may be purchased at Inn on the Paseo
Refreshments: Coffee, tea & an assortment of desserts Continue reading
- 2 medium avocado
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 8 oz. Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 1 can condensed milk
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup Vanilla Wafers, finely ground
- berries to garnish
- shredded coconut to garnish